RDD Package / Patent Information
Customer Packaging information on how to properly fill and use Pneu-Dart RDDs. Additional questions? Please call Customer Care at 866-299-3278 for assistance.
Remote drug delivery equipment designed to capture or medicate without harming the animals.U.S. Patent: 9,234,729
For the use of veterinary purposes only
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO ONE (1) YEAR FROM DATE OF RETAIL PURCHASE FOR PROJECTORS AND 18 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF MANUFACTURER FOR RDD’S. PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPTED INVOICE DOCUMENTING THE PRODUCT IS WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE.
For complete Warranty details and information, please visit www.pneudart.com/support/warranty-information/
TO FILL REMOTE DRUG DELIVERY DEVICE
Recommendation: Wear latex gloves when filling remote drug delivery device (RDD) with drug.
- Load Fill-Syringe with your desired drug amount.
- Hold RDD upright at a 45 degree angle.
- Using a clean 19-gauge Fill-Syringe needle, insert into the RDD cannula (needle) and fill completely. The 19-gauge fill-needle must be 1/2″ longer in length than the RDD cannula.
- To avoid any displaced medication, the RDD should remain upright until ready to fire.
Proper remote drug delivery must be delivered to the O-Zone™ injection site. Pneu-Dart recommends consistently delivering an appropriate sized practice device to a six-inch target before attempting to deliver any medication remotely. The species neutral O-Zone™ is on the side of the neck forward of the shoulder.
Pneu-Dart, Inc. does not condone nor promote the extra-label use of veterinary pharmaceuticals unless on order and under supervision of a licensed veterinarian.
Remote Drug Delivery education is highly recommended and offered by Pneu-Dart [education.pneudart.com]. Pneu-Dart supports proper and judicious use of our products including but not limited to the following:
- Establish a “VCPR” (Veterinarian Client Patient Relationship) prior to delivering any medication to any animal.
- Always verify drug volume and cannula (needle) length before administering any medication to any animal.
- Do not shake or drop RDDs (darts) as they could activate prematurely.
- Practice with Remote Drug Delivery (RDD) devices equal in size and weight prior to delivering any medication to any animal.
- Store in original packaging in a cool, dry place and away from children.
- Wear gloves when handling medication and always hold equipment away from face.
- Never top off or mix medications unless directed by your veterinarian.
- Do not prefill RDDs more than 90 minutes prior to delivery.
- The use of projector’s with mechanically adjustable power control settings to influence the muzzle velocity and impact speeds is essential when delivering medication remotely.
- Do not refrigerate
- Upon recovery of a delivered RDD; should you wish to check for full deployment, insert a 19 gauge hypodermic needle into the cannula of the RDD. When deployed properly the hypodermic needle will face resistance just inside the drug containment chamber. [See video below]
- Use caution and dispose of each spent RDD in accordance with local, regional, national, territorial, provincial and international regulation.
- Eye protection should be used at all times.
User acknowledges and accepts any and all liability when using this product. Extreme caution should be present at all times.
Should you wish to check your RDD for full deployment here’s how.